Contributed by Jason Demers
Ponzu sauce is something I thought I knew. Little did I know that the versions that I had been buying where no where even close to the real thing and making it is super simple. Ponzu goes very well as a dipping sauce for seared fish or sashimi. The ingredients are very simple and can be adjusted to ones taste, my suggestion is start with this base recipe then add the different varieties of citrus and soy to adjust to your liking.
Soy, high quality if possible
Fire Oil (This is optional id spice is not preferred)
Toasted Sesame seeds
Green Onion (Also optional to add crunch and texture)
- Open beer and enjoy.
- Juice citrus into desired bowl.
- Start by adding 1 tablespoon soy.
- Whisk ingredients together and taste.
- Adjust preferred flavor by adding more soy or hot oil for a little heat.
- Add either toasted sesame seeds or chopped green onion to add texture.